Avocado hummus: when hummus meets guac, good things happen! So says our friend Nagi from Recipe Tin Eats who whipped up this fantastic hummus that goes perfectly with our carrot sticks! Here’s what she had to say: Made a big tub of this last weekend when we went camping. My friends and the kiddies were obsessed with it. I took bags and bags of Just Veg which we munched on during the drive and all weekend at camp! And did you know….if you make this dip with the green skinned Shepard avos then it doesn’t go brown, it stays a gorgeous bright green. Yup!Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 can chickpeas drained (~14oz / 420g) (save some for garnish if you want)
- 1 large avocado 220g / 7.5 oz whole
- 3 tbsp tahini sesame paste
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup coriander / cilantro leaves packed
- 1/2 large lemon juice only (plus more to taste)
- 1 large garlic clove
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pine nuts toasted (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Start with just a pinch of salt because canned chick peas vary in saltiness. Whizz until smooth.
- Adjust: sour with lemon, salt, pepper, and dip consistency with water (1 tbsp at a time!!!). Whizz again.
- Serve it traditional hummus style: Pour onto plate. Use teaspoon to make swirls on top. Drizzle over olive oil, sprinkle to pine nuts, reserved chick peas, garnish with coriander sprig.
- Serve with chips, crackers or pita bread!
TIP: The coriander gives it a slight guacamole flavour. If you want to make it more hummusy, swap the coriander for spinach. A touch of spice would be fab in this too!