Sacha's Banh Mi Bowls
A healthier version of the delicious and addictive Vietnamese RollsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1/2 kg pork tenderloin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 fresh jalepeno
- PICKLED CARROTS & RADISHES
- 6 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup JUST VEG Carrot sticks / shred
- 2 radishes cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup shredded Cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 fresh jalepeno thinly sliced
- Season pork with Salt and pepper and place in slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and jalepeno.
- Pour mix over pork.
- Cover pork and cook for 6-8 hours until pork is very tender.
- Transfer pork to large plate and shred with 2 forks.
- Reserve the sauce.
- PICKLED CARROTS AND RADISHES
- In medium bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, salt and stir until sugar dissolved.
- Add carrots and radishes, toss well and let sit for approx 30 mins.
- Drain and refrigerate.
- Serve when pork is ready with pickled carrots and radishes, and other serving ingredients.
- Optional: Can serve with rice.
I was addicted to Vietnamese Rolls (they're so fantastic), in an effort to get healthy this year and lose weight I created this recipe. I've lost 14 kilos! It's so delicious still.