Caitlyn's Carrot & Walnut Cake with Sticky Sauce
Servings: 6 -8Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Mixed Spice
- 2 Cups SR Flour
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 2 Cups Just Veg Shredded Carrot
- 1 Cup Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 300 ml Cream
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 80 g Butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees/ 160 degrees fan forced.
- Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add other ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour into cake tin and bake for approximately 1hour.
- To make the sauce, combine the brown sugar, cream and butter in a saucepan over low heat until the butter has melted and sugar has dissolved.
- Remove the cake from the oven and use a toothpick to poke holes into the cake.
- Serve with generous amounts of the sticky sauce and ice cream.
My husband rescued the sticky sauce I was throwing out after our sticky date pudding was finished and decided to throw it over my Mum’s carrot cake. Since then the recipe has been ‘tweaked’ a little, but remains a favourite in our house!