Carrot and Coconut Savoury Cakes
You’ll impress your guests with these simple Carrot & Coconut Savoury Cakes. Add some ‘wow’ factor to your evening meal, with these healthy carrot ‘cakes’.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 300g bags Just Veg. Carrot Shred
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 green shallots chopped
- 2 tsp chopped thyme leaves
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 Roma tomatoes halved
- Micro herbs to serve
- 100 g rocket leaves to serve
- Lemon cheeks to serve
- 2 tbsps mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180°c or 160°c fan forced.
- Spray a six hole half-cup capacity muffin tin with cooking oil. Line the bases with a small circle of baking paper. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Combine carrot, garlic, shallot, thyme in a medium-sized bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat coconut oil in a large non stick frypan over high heat, add carrot mixture, and stir for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Cool, add egg and stir to combine.
- Divide carrot mixture evenly among muffin holes, pressing firmly into the base.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Place tomatoes cut side up onto prepared tray and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 minutes until soft and golden.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise and lemon juice and stir.
- Top carrot cakes with roasted tomatoes and micro herbs and serve with rocket leaves and lemon cheek.
- Drizzle with lemon mayonnaise dressing and serve.