Anne's Carrot Cake Doughnuts with Vanilla Glaze.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Delicious baked doughnuts with the taste of carrot cake. Perfect comfort food in Winter to warm the soul, especially with a cup of tea or coffee.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- DOUGHNUT MIX
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1/3 cup of regular sugar
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbs of melted unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cups of skim milk
- 1 tbs of pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup of Just Veg Fresh Carrot Shred
- VANILLA GLAZE
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt
- 1 to 2 tbs of milk of choice
- Spray a non-stick (six doughnut) doughnut pan with olive oil spray.
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees C (fan forced).
- Whisk flour, regular sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cooled melted butter, egg, milk, pure maple syrup and vanilla essence.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Add the carrot shred to the mix.
- Pipe batter into the doughnut pan, filling each doughnut hole about 3/4's full.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until cooked.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing the doughnuts and placing onto a wire rack.
- Allow the doughnuts to cool completely before icing.
- In a bowl stir together the icing sugar, vanilla essence and salt.
- Add 1 tablespoon of milk and stir to combine, adding more milk depending on consistency of icing you prefer.
- Add food colouring to icing if desired.
- Once doughnuts are cooled, dip into the glaze and decorate as preferred (with more carrot shred!)
I wanted to make an easy, healthier baked doughnut recipe for Winter, drawing on my love of carrot cake - filling the house with warming spices and vanilla during colder months.