Amelia's Mighty Carrot Muffins
A bright, flavoursome muffin containing powerhouses of the vegetable world: carrots and rhubarb.Print
- 1 cup Just Veg shredded carrot
- 3/4 cup stewed rhubarb (could substitute apple puree)
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 125 g butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 &1/2 cups self-raising flour
- Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat to combine.
- Sift and stir in flour.
- Stir in juice, rhubarb and carrot: leaving a small amount of shredded carrot aside to top the muffins.
- Spoon into a muffin pan and top with the shredded carrot set aside in the prior step.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes at 180 in a fan-forced oven.
- Eat as many as you can before the kids get to them.
My mum is a prolific rhubarb stewer and my daughter can't eat enough carrots. I've tried and tested ways to combine the favourites, and these muffins always satisfy everyone.