Fran's Carrot Pizza Shapes
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 42 minutes
Servings: 2 -3 people
A healthy carrot pizza with carrot flavoured crust and carrot sauce and carrot topping!Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- PIZZA DOUGH
- 90 ml warm water
- 1/2 tsp dry yeast
- 180 g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 packet Just Veg. fresh carrot sticks
- 1 tomato
- CARROT SAUCE
- 4 tbsp carrot puree
- 1 tbsp tomato puree or tomato paste
- dried herbs
- 1 cup grated mozzarella
- ½ punnet Woolworths cherry tomatoes sliced
- salt, pepper, dried herbs to taste
- handful of green beans
- handful of Just Veg. fresh carrot shred
- CARROT PUREE - Steam the carrot sticks for a few minutes until soft then blend until smooth.
- TOMATO PUREE - Dip 1 tomato in boiling water for a few minutes, drain, slip off the skins then blend and sieve to remove the seeds. (Or you could use Tomato Paste
- CARROT PIZZA SAUCE - In a bowl, mix the ½ of the carrot puree and tomato puree together, season with herbs, salt and pepper.
- PIZZA DOUGH - Pour water into bowl and add yeast. Add sifted flour, ½ of the puree and salt then stir the ingredients together. Tip the dough onto a lightly floured board and knead until it forms into a soft dough. Put the dough into a bowl and cover with cling wrap and put in a warm place for the dough to rise.
- Preheat the oven to 250C.
- Divide the dough into thirds and thinly roll into a rectangle shape on a lightly floured board.
- Cut the rectangle dough into triangle shapes.
- Spread the carrot pizza sauce over the triangle pizza bases and add the toppings.
- Place the pizza bases in the oven and cook for about 12 minutes.
- Decorate the pizza carrot shape slices with beans as the carrot tops and serve.
The Carrot Pizza Shapes have the flavoursome goodness of Just Veg. Carrots and are super easy to make with the kids and fun to enjoy at pizza movie nights.