The cheese ball. So retro it’s cool again. And who are we kidding, we all love them and they make the perfect party food.
And they have quite a history, which you can read more about later, because right now, you need to check this recipe out. It’s a delicious cheesy (of course) ball of goodness with the addition of cashews for crunch, garlic for zing, and our famous Just Veg. world saving shredded carrots for colour, texture and some sneaky veg amongst all that cheese!
And because we love entertaining, you’ll find lots of other ideas for an easy grazing dinner or a party. Some of our favourites include our quick pickled carrot, our carrot fritters, or one for kids of all ages – the carroty meatballs.
All of these delicious treats have been created and road tested for us by our friend Melanie at From My Little Kitchen.
Cheese Ball with cashews and carrots
- 1/3 cup Just Veg. Carrot Shred
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mature cheddar cheese grated
- ½ garlic clove minced
- ¼ tsp black pepper cracked
- 1 cup cashews roasted and chopped
- Place cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese, Just Veg. Carrot Shred, garlic and pepper into a bowl and mix together well with a spoon.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Shape into a ball using a spatula and place into a bowl filled with cashews. Carefully roll and press cheese ball into cashews until it’s completely coated.
- Serve on a grazing board with Just Veg. Carrot Sticks, cold cuts, veggies and crackers.