Chocolate Carrot Cake
Your new lunchbox favourite! It’s a chocolate cake. It’s a carrot cake. It’s going to be your go-to lunchbox treat.Freezer friendly, and super easy, we have this recipe on high rotation in our ovens at the moment.Developed for us by nutritionist and just delightful Melanie Lionello.Enjoy!Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 cups Just Veg Carrot Shred
- 2 ½ cups wholemeal flour
- 1 can crushed pineapple drained
- 1 ½ cups brown or rapadura sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup cacao/cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (fan-forced).
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add all wet ingredients and combine well with a spoon.
- Pour batter into a square cake pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool and serve.