Easy Peasy Carrot Loaf
This easy peasy carrot loaf gives banana bread a run for its money! A warming filling delicious loaf that just happens to also be packed with veggies. Especially good with generous lashings of butter. Melanie Lionello has come up with this carrot loaf recipe that uses a packet of Just Veg Carrot shed – an easy way to boost your veg intake, and a great breakfast option. At Just Veg, we take nutrient packed carrots that are perfect – just a bit wonky – and give them new life as carrot shred and carrot sticks. As an added bonus the carrot loaf is freezer friendly – so freeze slices and then take to work to heat up and enjoy for a filling snack.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 packet Just Veg Carrot Shred
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 tbs cinnamon
- 3/4 cup rapadura or brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Spoon batter into a non-stick or lined loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes (perhaps longer if you use a high loaf pan) or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool, slice and enjoy!