French-style Carrot Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 people as a side
Print Recipe Pin Recipe
Carottes râpées, or grated carrot salad is everywhere in France, and we want to make it at thing here in Australia! So light and fresh and easy and we've done the hard part for you - save your knuckles and just use our farm fresh carrot shred. We've got a little bit of script with a traditional here with this recipe, but you can easily substitute flat leaf parsley for the tarragon or leave the shallots / chives out. If you're looking for a more traditional version of this french favourite, try David Lebovitz's version.
- 1 packet Just Veg Carrot Shred
- ¼ cup tarragon chopped
- ¼ cup chives chopped
- 1 shallot peeled and finely diced
- 4 tsp honey
- 4 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Place carrot shred, tarragon, chives and shallot into a large mixing bowl and combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together olive oil, mustard, honey and white wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad ten minutes before serving and combine, this will soften the salad slightly, then set aside. Combine again just before serving up.
You can use flat leaf parsley in place of tarragon.