Philippa's Twice Cooked Herbed Honey Carrots
The fresh taste of the carrots is enhanced by a honey and herb glaze in this make-ahead recipePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 300 g packet of Just Veg Fresh Carrot Sticks
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped coriander
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley
- Following the method on the package, pierce the bag and cook the carrot sticks in microwave for 90 seconds. Remove sticks from the bag. They may be kept refrigerated at this stage for several hours if wished.
- When ready to serve, heat the butter and honey together in a small frypan. Toss the carrot sticks in the honey mixture until heated through and glazed. Sprinkle with herbs and serve.
I came up with this recipe when looking for a way to prepare vegetables ahead of time whilst preserving the taste and texture. I love to make this dish when entertaining - they can be microwaved ahead of time then quickly finished off when ready to serve. Very popular!