Loaded Carrot Fries
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
PHWOAR!Who knew carrot sticks could look so naughty?Put your calorie counter away … we bring you Loaded (carrot) Fries, less the carbs and the fat.Everyone in your family will love our super speedy Just Veg. Loaded Fries - just don’t tell them they’re healthy!This dish is perfect for lunch, afternoon munchies, dinner - anytime you fancy a fast, fresh, filling veggie fix.Our friend and recipe creator, Melanie Lionello, includes a great homemade guacamole, but if you’re seriously pushed for time just swap in a store-bought guac. We get it, you do whatever it takes to keep the troops happy and fed!You can also swap in Greek Yoghurt for the sour cream, nuts and seeds for the bacon.We love some kitchen free styling.Grab a few packets of our Just Veg. carrot sticks from Woolworths (look out for them in the ready-to-eat salad section) because we reckon one serve won’t be enough.For flavour that really packs a punch, shake your sticks in the Cajun seasoning before you bake them.So to recap - this is an easy, fast way to get that fried chip flavour without the fat or the carbs.AND you’re helping us reduce food waste because we produce the Just Veg. carrot sticks with our wonky but tasty carrots.All hail the loaded carrot fries.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 packet Just Veg. Carrot Sticks
- ½ avocado
- ½ tsp cajun seasoning
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- juice of one lime
- sea salt and black pepper for seasoning
- 1 tbs sour cream
- 75 g bacon pieces
- 1 spring onion sliced
- spray olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place Just Veg. Carrot Sticks and bacon pieces onto non-stick tray and spray with olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes until carrots are tender and bacon starting to crisp.
- While they are baking, combine avocado, Cajun, cayenne pepper, and lime juice with salt and pepper to taste very well. You can adjust amount of spices to your taste.
- Once carrots and bacon are cooked, load them up into a bowl, top with your guacamole and sour cream then sprinkle over sliced spring onion.