Mini Carrot Meatballs
Mmmm meatballs! As much as we love our carrots, we are very much omnivores here at Just Veg. These little guys will be a hit with the whole family. (And a good way to sneak in some extra veg to fussy little people). Nutritionist Melanie Lionello, or you may know her as @naturally_nutritious on Instagram, has created these as part of her easy entertaining ideas, but you could serve them any time really. They will be on high rotation in our family.Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 cup Just Veg Carrot Shred
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 red onion very finely diced
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 egg
- Place everything into a bowl and combine very well with your hands.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium and begin to roughly roll little balls a bit smaller than golf balls and place directly into the pan as you go. You can do this in batches if your pan doesn’t fit all of the meatballs.
- Turn meatballs every couple of minutes until browned all over.
- Serve two on a toothpick on the platter.