Quick Pickled Carrots
Pickles. They’re so hot right now. Summer’s almost here which means lots of entertaining. We’ve teamed up with nutritionist Melanie Lionello, or you may know her as @naturally_nutritious on Instagram, to bring you some awesome summer entertaining recipes. So let’s get to it, here’s the quick pickle carrots recipe (GF, DF): Melanie Lionello: nutritionist and recipe developer Just Veg has teamed up with Nutritionist Melanie Lionello (@naturally_nutritious)Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 150 g Just Veg Carrot Shred (half a bag)
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbs coconut sugar (or sugar of your choice)
- pinch of pepper
- 2/3 cup water
- In a saucepan, gently heat vinegar, sugar, salt, water and pepper together until simmering and sugar and salt has dissolved.
- Pack your carrot shred into a mason jar, then top with vinegar mixture.
- Leave for 30 mins (minimum) and serve.
You may have vinegar mixture leftover depending on the size of your jar so you can always add more carrot and utilise it in another jar.