Slow Cooker Beef and Veg Casserole
Don’t know about you, but with the weather turning cooler, we are reaching for the slow cooker. We’re all about healthy simple options and a slow cooked meal serves this up in spades. You can throw it all together in the morning, and when you come home – voila! Dinner is served. Melanie Lionello has come up with this recipe that uses a packet of Just Veg Carrot shed – an easy way to boost the veg content of your one pot wonders without the prep. At Just Veg, we take nutrient packed carrots that are perfect – just a bit wonky – and give them new life as carrot shred and carrot sticks. As an added bonus this recipe is freezer friendly – so make up a big batch and then freeze for those nights when life is too hectic to cook!Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 packet ust Veg. Carrot Shred
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 kg gravy beef diced
- 500 g baby potatoes halved or quartered
- 500 mL beef stock
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large red onion peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2½ Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- Parsley to serve
- Salt, pepper and other seasonings to taste
- Coat beef lightly in flour and pan fry in a little olive oil.
- Turn each piece and cook until golden.
- Transfer cooked beef and all other ingredients except the parsley into your slow cooker.
- Stir to combine and replace the lid and cook on HIGH for 4½ hours, or on LOW for 8-9 hours.
- Stir half way through if you are home.
- Once cooked, remove the bay leaves and serve with fresh parsley