Speedy Rice Paper Rolls
Here’s a super easy ‘interactive’ dinner idea the whole family will enjoy. Just Veg team member Vicki, a teacher and mum of three boys, says adding an element of competition helps keep the kids engaged – who in the family can create the most impressive rolls?Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- ½ bag Just Veg. Carrot Shred
- 200 g cooked chicken cut into strips or shredded great way to use up left over roast chicken
- 200 g vermicelli rice noodles soaked until soft (follow packet instructions)
- 1 packet rice papers
- chives/parsley/coriander/mint to taste
- bowl of warm water
- 50 ml fish sauce
- 50 ml water
- 2 tsp vinegar
- ½ lime juiced
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp sugar
- chilli to taste
Peanut Dipping Sauce
- Hoisin Sauce
- crushed peanuts (or peanut butter)
- Submerge rice papers in warm water briefly, and lay flat on plate or board
- Arrange carrots, chicken, noodles and herbs near top of rice paper; fold in the left and right edges of the rice paper and then roll it up. This is the fun bit, be as creative as you like.
- For the Sauce
Combine all ingredients to taste.
TIP: keeping your hands/ fingers damp with water will help stop the rice paper ‘sticking’ to you.