Carrot Nourish Bowl
Nourish Bowls, or Hawaiian inspired Poke (pronounced Poh-kay) Bowls are huge right now. Picking up where Acai Bowls left off, these nourishing bowls are simple to prepare and pack a whole lot of goodness into one meal. Poke bowls are traditionally made with a combo of marinated tuna, rice, avocado and veggies. Chef and food stylist Jane Collins has created her own take on the Poke Bowl, swapping in chicken and featuring our Just Veg. Carrot sticks. Our Just Veg. Carrot Shred would be fab for this recipe too. This recipe is super easy to put together and takes 15 minutes prep time and 15 minutes cooking time – or even quicker if you use leftover meats or shredded BBQ chicken. Happy Days!Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 x 300 g packet carrot sticks Find them in the Fruit & Veg chiller at Woolworths
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 chicken breasts
- 440 g packet thin wok ready egg noodles
- 1 x baby Cos lettuce
- 1 avocado quartered
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 eggs soft boiled, cut in half
- ¼ cup fresh basil and mint picked to serve
- micro radish leaves to serve
- 2 red chili chopped optional
- Pistachios chopped to serve
Chilli Yoghurt Dressing
- ½ cup Greek style natural yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Combine carrot with olive oil, apple cider vinegar and set aside.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil over high heat, add chicken breasts and reduce heat to medium poach for 8-20 minutes till tender, remove and set aside on a plate to cool. When cool enough to handle, shred.
- Add noodles to poaching water and increase heat to medium, cook 2-3 minutes till softened. Drain.
- Divide chicken, noodles, carrots, lettuce, avocado, tomatoes and eggs into serving bowls in separate piles.
- Combine yoghurt with sweet chilli sauce.
- Top bowl with fresh herbs, extra chilli and drizzle with yoghurt dressing and pistachios to serve
For a quick alternative, use a shredded BBQ chicken, or your favourite left over meats.